Re: meld shows modified files with cvsnt, but won't compare

> Forgot to mention this is completely untested, not even executed once.
> I don't have a cvs setup.
>
>> Is there any way to detect that a given checkout comes from cvs
>> or cvsnt? Perhaps from the CVS/ folder? I can imagine having both
>> installed.
>
> I don't know, I never used cvs.
>
> The patch was meant to get meld to at least work with cvsnt, in case
> this one is available. I was assuming the checkout is at least compatible
> between the 2, though...
>
> --
> Vincent Legoll

Let's see, I think there's two questions here I can answer:

1) All system's I've ever run had cvs as a pre-loaded/'essential'
component of the OS, so looking for cvs then cvsnt will never work
(for me).  Looking for cvsnt first would work, but I'm not sure if
that would be a problem for others...

2) cvsnt tries to be fairly compatible with cvs, so the CVS folder is
identical.  There is one difference specific to some machines,
however: I installed cvsnt to use the sserver (instead of pserver)
protocol (which is reflected in CVS/root), so I get SSL encryption
when grabbing my source from offsite.  Not sure you guys should be
spending your time 'deep' hacking to support something like that
though, just putting the box for cvs executable into the gui and
hooking it up to the cvs.py script would be more than sufficient, as
far as I'm concerned, or if there's a meld.conf file, that would be a
fine location also.

Best,
Steve