Re: is there any interest in anyvc?

>>> some time ago Ali told this list about anyvc which is the new vcs
>>> abstraction lib we use in Pida.
>>>
>>> The source is currently available
>>> http://bitbucket.org/RonnyPfannschmidt/anyvc/.
>>>
>>> The current features are workdir command abstraction + diff/status info.
>>> Planned features are history browsing and branch management.

I'm delighted to hear the anyvc project is going well. Supporting all
the different
vc systems has more work than anticipated so I'm more than happy to let you
guys take care of it!

I had a look an the conversion looks reasonably straight forward. My concern at
this point is how to handle "slow" commands. Currently we select on a subprocess
which keeps the gui alive, but what should we do for the in-process
ones? (hg, bzr)
I've kept clear of threads previously because of platform concerns
(win32 especially).
Would it be crazy to use the anyvc as an executable instead of a library?

Stephen.