Re: Windows support

> No sf.net account, I like meld.sf.net though, clean & simple...

Yes, I'd like to keep the meld.sf.net address, especially since
it has been around for so long. Maybe just embed the wiki page
into the sf.net one?

> I would love to get rid of the dialog for "no match found"
> Dialogs are evil !

Agreed, I've added it to the todo.

> - toggling VC filtering buttons change multiVC combobox
>  back to the first VC plugin, which is counter intuitive, but
>  that may be hard to fix cleanly.

Ah, because of toggled->refresh->set_location->choose_vc
How about storing the last chosen vc name in vcview? Then
choose vc can default to that one next time. It might even
be worth persisting in preferences (but no gui for it).

> - I've reproduced bug 578303 and tested proposed patches
>  looks OK, highlighting diffs at EOF (particularly \n) is fixed
>  by the first patch. Code looks right (I don't know the
>  internals of diffutils.py at all)
> - I'd change the default value for the "automatically provide
>  \n at EOF" preference, with the same rationale as for "ignore
>  change that insert or delete withespace": Default to show
>  everything that changed unless asked not to. Like the
>  attached.

OK, these two go together - the preference was a hack because
of the strange boundary behavior of gtktextview at the eof. Also
c++ (and maybe more languages) insists that the last char in a
file is "\n". As you say though, it should be an opt-in preference.

Stephen.