Re: mcedit: Center current line in middle of screen

On Fri, 15 Jan 2021, Sebastian Gniazdowski via mc wrote:

I'm also working on adding a S-Lang scripting to it :) It already works on my machine. It was really simple, just invoking SLang_init_all() and that was it, as libslang is already linked :) I have a plugin in it that implements adding and subtracting from number under cursor, for example. When I improve the support (e.g.: add some more S-Lang interface functions that would allow e.g.: moving the vie`w) I submit the patch.

I wish someone had taken the time instead to integrate the Lua fork by mooffie. Unfortunately he wasn't up to maintaining his work of a genius (no kidding) and we don't have resources to take it over.

In as far as S-Lang scripting is concerned, it's definitively easy to bolt it on, but I really wouldn't want to live with the resulting mess. Our code base is already in a shape bad enough...

Sebastian, if you are motivated and have time to do some serious work on mc, maybe we should talk about a vision first?

It doesn't make sense to me for you invest your valuable time only to get your patches criticized or rejected or just rotting on the tracker without any feedback. If we can agree on a direction, then I think it will be good for all of us, if we can't - at least it will be good for you, because then you can spare your time arguing with us and directly setup a fork instead... :-)

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev