Re: Specifiying a skin in ini

Sorry, looks as though my last reply has gone missing somewhere....

Yury V. Zaytsev wrote:
On Fri, 2010-10-08 at 11:38 +0100, Paul Marwick wrote:

Strange. I've got this:

[Midnight-Commander]
skin=~/.mc/skins/nicedark
skin=/home/zyv/.mc/whatever/nicedark.ini works perfectly for me.

Why do you think that ~ gonna get expanded??? Did you pay attention to
the paths in the example provided by Andrew?

Sorry, I've tried both ways. I did expect the ~/ to be expanded, if only on the basis that the examples in the help file are done that way. However, in my setup, it makes no difference how I specify it - using ~/ or /home/user/etc.... Still doesn't work.
I hope you are not editing ~/.mc/ini with mcedit&  autosave on?

I never use autosave. Nonetheless, I've been editing it with MC closed and using nano. I've had this in my ~/.mc/ini for some time now:

skin=/home/tigger/.mc/skins/nicedark.ini

It still comes up with the default skin, not the selected one.

I've also tried setting the environment variable:

export MC_SKIN='gotar'

in a script to start MC. That works without problems. In my systems (all Slack or slack-derived), the ini setting simply does not work.

Paul.