Re: Specifiying a skin in ini

Yury V. Zaytsev wrote:
On Fri, 2010-10-08 at 11:38 +0100, Paul Marwick wrote:

Strange. I've got this:

[Midnight-Commander]
skin=~/.mc/skins/nicedark
skin=/home/zyv/.mc/whatever/nicedark.ini works perfectly for me.

I've now got this:

skin=/home/tigger/.mc/skins/nicedark.ini

And I'm still getting the default skin, not nicedark.
Why do you think that ~ gonna get expanded??? Did you pay attention to
the paths in the example provided by Andrew?

Yes. I've now tried every variant I can think of, and none of them work, other than the command line switch. In the same way, specifying the full path to /usr/share/mc/skins also fails for me.

In /root/.mc/ini, I have this:

skin=/usr/share/mc/skins/gotar.ini

:( still doesn't work. MC started without arguments by root (using either su - or logging into a console as root) still loads the default skin.

> I hope you are not editing ~/.mc/ini with mcedit & autosave on?

I never leave autosave on, and in each instance, just to be sure, I've exited MC and used nano to edit ini.

Paul.