Re: mc-4.6.1-20060912.patch

Hello!

On Wed, 2006-09-13 at 17:38 -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:
mouse doesn't work with ncurses, hasn't for more than four years.
I also noted with interest Pavel Roskin's comments four years ago
proposing to remove all of the ncurses support from MC (google isn't
showing me the comment, or I'd provide a URL for your amusement).

My proposal was to choose either S-Lang or ncurses and remove support
for the other library.  I still think that it's a good idea.  The choice
should be based on capabilities of the libraries (in particular, on the
quality on the Unicode support), and on how well they are maintained.

Unfortunately I'm too busy with other things to work on mc these days,
and I don't think I should be making the choice if I'm not actively
involved with the project.

Still, if I were to make the choice, I would probably be more
sympathetic to ncurses than I was back in year 2000.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin