MC running under root changes file perms for /dev/null !!!

Hi all,

I'd just let you know that I found a bug :

When MC is used by user root, MC changes the permissions of /dev/null from 666 to 600.
Bad bug, IMHO. MC should not change anything in /dev at all.

And, MC keeps crashing my (Windows-)Putty terminal every once in a while, no matter what. Often rather soon. :-( I use Suse 10.1 straight out of the box.

During the crash, I cannot open another putty ssh session to my Linux box. Weird. Please help... :-)

Yours
Alex