=?koi8-r?Q?Re[3]=3A_Shell_Link_-_Window_dissapears...?=

Hello, Pavel,

First of all sorry for top posting =)
Pavel, you don't understand most usual trouble in whole IT =)

Maybe I don't - but a good problem report would make
it easier for me to understand.

Yeah, I believe this particular discussion (mc in putty window on utf/non-utf linux)
should leave its trace in some faq =) The trouble is not only border chars, but
defunct keyboard with wrong TERM setting

You'll need it sometimes. Then if Shell VFS is misbehaving, just free it and
reopen
bookmark (you should have SSH keys installed in order to avoid password). Be
informed
that 'Shell link' is buggy (especially about permissions) and SLOW. Consider using
'scp' and 'rsync' from command line.

What do you mean by SLOW ?

Well, first of all -- slow enough to render whole system backup/restore/migration
to something impossible. First, I'm using mc 4.6.1 shipped within standard slack 10.2.
What I'm talking about was always the case unless any recent work is still unknown to
me. So, welcome numbers =)

--- Copy 128 empty files

for i in `seq 128`; do touch $i; done
time scp -r scp/ arc:tmp

real    0m7.042s
user    0m0.028s
sys     0m0.020s

The same copy with F5 via shell link (already open) takes at least 22 real.
That's 3 times on empty files

--- Copy 1 1mb file

perl -e 'print "x" x (1024*1024)' > mb

time scp mb arc:tmp/scp
real    0m2.108s
user    0m0.048s
sys     0m0.012s

With shell link it takes a total of 30 sec, with 24 of them dedicated to
the 'writing of data' and the next 6 to a pause obscure to me.

As you can see, impact on larger files is even larger.
And this was not LAN! I used to use Samba and NFS to copy music with MC
at my home.

ps: I use DSA keys

Петр Керзум.