Re: Shell Link - Window dissapears...

Hello, I'm also fairly new.
  This may be the same as original complaint.
  I have also had problem using shell link.  When connecting Fish seems
to put in extra cr/lf which takes top 3 lines of display off screen. mc
then doesn't rewrite that portion of display or the non active panel or
the lines at the bottom of screen.
  All that gets rewritten is the active panel after next command
executed.  Many years ago used to use a DEC PDP11 a little and Control
-R used to rewrite screen (if twenty years memory is correct). Have
tried that but it doesn't help.
  Can't remember now whether problem occurs using PuTTy or SSh machine
to machine from terminal. I normally use KDE and Konsole.

William K