Re: Addressing MC stagnation.

Hello, Miguel!

On Sun, 2005-05-22 at 17:46 -0400, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
Hello,

   Thanks for raising this issue up, I think that we should proceed in
various stages to address some of the problems that we have today in mc:

      * The website should move to a Wiki.

        I will have our sysadmins setup a Wiki for MC based on the
        success we have had with Hula, Mono and Beagle.  The use of
        the Wiki means that users can effectively contribute to the
        well state of the project, documentation, tutorials and
        addressing problems that people face.

        Also using the forum feature and discussion is a good way
        of keeping archives easily accessible to everyone.

Fine with me.

      * Release-often: MC has not been officially released for a
        long time.  I propose that the current CVS gets released
        as MC 5.0 and if any issues are found with the release
        we release 5.0.1, 5.0.2 and so on to address these problems.

OK.  I guess we need to release 4.6.1 from the branch as well.  I
understand some developers really want it.

   For the Wiki, all we need is a domain name (or we can keep it under
the obscure url we can put it on).

I have midnightcommander.org registered on Gandi.  I can set its IP
address to anything.  But I don't have any servers to host Wiki.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin