Re: Garbage on command line

Pavel Roskin wrote:
On Sun, 16 Nov 2003, A.J. Bonnema wrote:

Now.... I may have been a little premature in my conclusion. Indeed it
did work. However, even though I save both the learned keys and the
setup, when I quite MC en restart, the problem reoccurs.

I think you have "Auto save setup" enabled and edit ~/.mc/ini in mc.  If
you have "Auto save setup" enabled you should not be editing ~/.mc/ini
while mc is running.

I did not edit ~/.mc/ini manually. I used mc and clicked the option for teach keys. I then get the change to teach each key, and when all keys are successful I automatically get a dialog to save the keys.

Provided I redefined the "-" and "+" keys on the keypad, the problem dissappears. I can select and deselect to my hearts content without having the letter M appear or the + or -.

But as soon as I quite mc and restart it, the problem is there again.

Guus.
--
A.J. Bonnema, Leiden The Netherlands,
user #328198 with the Linux Counter