Garbage on command line

Hi,

A little annoyance. When using + or - to select or deselect all files, an "M" appears on the commandline just below the boxes. All sequence acts (changing directory by entering on the ".." or using + or - again) get treated like you are editting the commandline. The next + results in a +M, the next - results in a -M. So I have to edit the commandline (backspace) before doing anything else. Doing a rapid sequence of copies and replace, this is quite annoying.

Strange thing is, if I select *.java or anything else different from *, this does not occur.

I work with xterm and mc version 4.6.0 (see attached textfile for mc --version output).

Is this reproducable for you? Is it easily fixable?

Guus Bonnema.