Re: Garbage on command line

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, A.J. Bonnema wrote:

A little annoyance. When using + or - to select or deselect all files,
an "M" appears on the commandline just below the boxes. All sequence
acts (changing directory by entering on the ".." or using + or - again)
get treated like you are editing the commandline. The next + results in
a +M, the next - results in a -M.

This looks like a problem that can be fixed by Options->Learn Keys in the
menu.  However, some details are strange.  I suggest that you teach those
keys again.  If it doesn't help, remove the "kpplus" entry from ~/.mc/ini
manually and use Learn Keys again.

The next step it to run "dd" without arguments and see what the keypad "+"
produces when you press it.

Try another terminal to see if it's specific to xterm.  The version of
xterm would be useful in any case (run "xterm -v").

So I have to edit the commandline (backspace) before doing anything
else. Doing a rapid sequence of copies and replace, this is quite annoying.

Strange thing is, if I select *.java or anything else different from *,
this does not occur.

Yes, that's indeed strange.  If nothing help, try a more detailed
description, including every key you press and what you see at which
point.

Is this reproducible for you? Is it easily fixable?

It's not reproducible.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin