Re: Problems with Redhat 8 in console window

Hello!

I've had exactly the same problem.  I've discovered that if I will
uninstall whatever version of MC that I'm trying and reinstall the
version that ships with Red Hat 8, then the problem goes away.  But if I
reinstall any version newer than the one that ships with Red Hat 8, then
the problem the Myron describes returns.

That's because mc shipped by Red Hat has a patch to support their UTF-8
hack.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin