Re: Will donate for gratitude

Decide for yourself.  Gnome hosts our CVS repository, which is a great
service for our project.  Bandwidth costs money, so so does keeping the
system running.  You can pay them for hosting MC on their CVS server.

Yes, I could, but I feel it isn't the most valuable contribution to the project.

I'm glad that you appreciate my work, but the results of my work are quite
modest so far.  We are very far from the stable version despite months of
work.  TODO list keeps growing.  It seems that I don't have the magical
ability to attract new developers.

That's a pity. I left C years ago, and now do most of my work in Python, and
I've got not that much time left anyway. :^(

(And yes, I saw lfm (NC clone written in Python), not much time for that either.)

My only personal expence on the project was registering
midnightcommander.org, but it's pocket money for me.

I would not say so. I would say that your active presence on the mailing list is what saves the project from appearing completely dead, and that's important, at least for prospective users, if not for developers.

In summary, your time and knowledge, that's what's valuable.

--
"I mean, if 10 years from now, when you are doing something quick and
dirty, you suddenly visualize that I am looking over your shoulders

Nicola Larosa - nico tekNico net