Re: 4.6.0-pre1: cpio errors on RPMs

Hi Pavel,

On Fri, Aug 23, 2002 at 12:35:49 -0400, Pavel Roskin wrote:

Try copying CONTENTS.cpio to a local filesystem and then open it there.

I now see what the real problem is. Not knowing what to expect, I
indeed "opened" the file, but using F3.  :-)

Entering it like a directory (which wasn't all too obvious to me,
sorry), it's fine! *wonder*

You have a 64-bit compiler, right?

Wrong. I am indeed on a Sparc Ultra 2, but my gcc defaults to 32bit
code, which I use for cross-Sun-platform compatibility.

So, is the problem between desk and chair, now?  ;-)

Sorry to bother you,
Moritz