Re: 4.6.0-pre1: cpio errors on RPMs

Hi again!

Platform specific problem is more likely.  You have a 64-bit compiler,
right?  It seems to me that cpio.c in the mc sources uses "long" and
"unsigned long" where it should be using u32.  Whether it's your problem
or not, it should be fixed.

Now I think I may be wrong, but we'll see.

Are you still getting "Empty output from child filter"?  Could you please
describe the problem with CONTENTS.cpio in more details?  I also need the
output of "uname -a".  Finally, please send me CONTENTS.cpio (privately if
it's over 40k long).

Thank you in advance!

--
Regards,