Re: 4.6.0-pre1: cpio errors on RPMs
- From: Pavel Roskin <proski gnu org>
- To: Moritz Barsnick <moritz barsnick net>
- Cc: Midnight Commander List <mc gnome org>
- Subject: Re: 4.6.0-pre1: cpio errors on RPMs
- Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 12:46:31 -0400 (EDT)
Platform specific problem is more likely. You have a 64-bit compiler,
right? It seems to me that cpio.c in the mc sources uses "long" and
"unsigned long" where it should be using u32. Whether it's your problem
or not, it should be fixed.
Now I think I may be wrong, but we'll see.
Are you still getting "Empty output from child filter"? Could you please
describe the problem with CONTENTS.cpio in more details? I also need the
output of "uname -a". Finally, please send me CONTENTS.cpio (privately if
it's over 40k long).
Thank you in advance!
] [Thread Prev