Re: Browsing the source

On 2/16/16, Yury V. Zaytsev <yury shurup com> wrote:
On 2/16/16, Mooffie <mooffie gmail com> wrote:
If I get write access to MC's wiki I can prepare a page listing the
steps to generate this documentation

Done.

Ouch! I created a MarkDown instructions page before I got your reply.
Here it is:

    https://gist.github.com/mooffie/72d58969eceb885febf5

(I'll convert it to MC's wiki sometime.)

Could you please tell how much time is required for generation, I'm
wondering whether I can simply have it run upon every commit or rather
it would be more appropriate to let it run hourly / nightly or so.

As the instructions page explains, there are three commands to run
(gtags, htags, htagsfix). On my computer it takes about 3 minutes
total. But I'm using an old Pentium 4. I imagine modern computers do
this in at least 20% of the time: 35 seconds top.

Global doesn't seem to be available as a package on RHEL though?! :-(

http://www.geocities.co.jp/keep_creating/sanaly/index.html

I see that this is the newest 'global' version. Good. You can ignore
the "appendix" on the instructions page.

We can also provide a downloadable tarball
(around 12 MB) so people can have it right away.

Anybody who's interested can download the HTML archive here:

    http://www.typo.co.il/~mooffie/tmp/mc/mc-source-html.PASSWORD.tgz

Replace "PASSWORD" with "bird" (sorry for this silly trick. I don't
want people to stress the server).