Re: Some keys are not properly recognized in Konsole/xterm

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 08:14:44PM -0500, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Feb 2010, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> >do in any graphical mail reader), i have to:
> >1) find out that i can do that at all. the man page doesn't contain the
> >term "URL" once.
> >2) write a regexp matching urls
>
> See the bottom of the app-defaults file.

oh - great. so if i did my initial config now (and not 10 years ago) i'd
even have a chance to be clued into the existence and setup of the
feature. ;)

> >3) have some process which leads from a selection to opening a browser.
> >klipper to the rescue! yay! even more regexps!
>
> Most people would remember how to use the paste operation (ymmv)

you entirely missed the point. it's about reducing the number of manual
actions required. you should read some basic literature on usability.

> >right. that's why all graphical muas lack that feature ... ;)
>
> hmm - no "all".

all which have a noteworthy market share (guess why they do).

>  Perhaps "all" of the ones in front of you at the moment.

i'm not aware of any attempts to make mutt graphical.