Re: Re[2]: Further Midnight Commander development

* Miguel de Icaza <miguel novell com> schrieb:

> I agree with Pavel here.   mc-dev has been for the most part dormant,
> and some terrible decisions (like that whole mhl fiasco) could have
> been avoided.

I wouldn't call it "fascio", rather a good lection that even the
OSS world isn't free of people who press quasi-religous cruft and
their own vanity over technical issues and resist against any
attempt for a rational discussion.

For a bunch of weeks we've formed a new, heavily motivated team,
fixed a lot of ancient bugs, added lots of good patches floating
around on other places for years and were working on several
interesting features. In these few weeks we had a really active
and motivated community with an very open and friendly climate.

It was *YOU* destroyed that by climbing out of your deep dark tomb
and behaving like the old king coming back which everyone has to
submit to. It was you caused a lot of wasting resources (not just
computer's but also human's) for your personal crusade against
a lot of things we've done so far, without even listening to reasons
why we did this, not because you had the slightest technical argument,
but just because it didn't happen under your command.

And that is exactly the reason why I abondened and created my own
fork (*1) - as long as you are ruling here, I don't see the slightest
bit of common ground. (and BTW, this was one of the major reasons why
I've removed all my branches from mc.o git: I dont support dictators).

cu
	http://patches.metux.de/