Re[2]: Further Midnight Commander development

Hello Oswald,

Saturday, February 14, 2009, 4:47:44 PM, you wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 08:20:29PM +0200, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
>> You don't become a project member and developer by just waiting for
>> the "right" moment, appearing on the scene and taking over of
>> everything.
>>
> would you bet?

Yes, I would. I have known Patrick for quite some time and past communication
with him makes me pretty sure that the odds are on my side. Would you
bet to the opposite ?

> you may be the best maintainer on earth (you aren't, but wth), but by
> being unavailable you marginalize your project and thus yourself. so
> while "the new ones" might not be official maintainers, they are
> de-facto maintainers. those who do the work decide, even if my hair
> stands on end occasionally.

I am not really unavailable. In fact if someone bothered to ping me
personally I would have noticed immediately. The list traffic was
stalled for quite some time and I haven't been reading it on a regular
basis for a while so I missed the interesting part.

Anyway, I am making making my way trough the mailing list volume for
the last two months. I would not like to comment before I have gone
trough all threads but some threads caught my attention already -
search for  "mhl".... Does it feel familiar, is it what MC really
needs ? Is this someone's excercise ?

Best regards,
Pavel Tsekov