Re: Bugs should be reported to mc-devel gnome org

Anton Monroe wrote:
On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 09:07:38AM +1000, Jeremy Dawson wrote:
Egmont Koblinger wrote:
On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 09:02:44AM +1000, Jeremy Dawson wrote:

A program which grabs my window, from which I can't tell how to quit? You must be joking.

It doesn't, and can't, "grab the window".  You had to start it somehow.
Earlier you said you must have hit a wrong key by accident.  Accidents
like that happen, but I don't see what the MC developers can do to
prevent them. (I'm trying to imagine how someone could type 'mcedit <Enter>'
by accident; clicking on the wrong icon by accident sounds more likely.)

Absolutely. And I don't know which lot of developers are responsible for setting up the desktop so that hitting (presumably) a single key by accident can start up this program. But such a program needs to be easy to stop. (And, finally, someone has told me how it's done!)

As I believe I said in my original email, I went for the Help function (bottom left hand corner). Why was that such a stupid thing to do?

Well, it's a rather roundabout way of getting there if all you want to
do is quit.  Most people would have gone for the Quit function (bottom
right hand corner).
Yes, thank you. Unfortunately the Quit function disappears completely on a screen 79 characters wide.

Incidentally, my remark in my previous email about the replies to me was made before reading your email.

The program has an exit confirmation that asks "Do you really want to
quit the Midnight Commander?".  If you are suggesting that it needs a
confirmation that asks "Do you really want to =start= the Midnight
Commander", I think that would be going too far.

No, I didn't mean to suggest that.

regards,

Jeremy