Re: Bugzilla submits only against >= 4.6.1

On Tue, 2006-06-20 at 01:02 +0200, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:
> I didn't mean old bugs should be removed from the bug list. I just feel
> it doesn't make much sense for people to file new bugs against anything
> older than 4.6.1.
>
> There is no added value to let people add bugs against older versions.

Anyone who takes time to file a new bug is adding some value to the
project.  It may be more or less valuable, but we shouldn't give the
impression that we don't want to hear about the problem.

> If the issue no longer exists it's just wasted time, and if it does
> still exist the reporter should make the effort to verify the issue
> indeed still exists in 4.6.1 or later.

Ideally, yes.  But not everyone can do it.  It's better to have 10
reports for already fixed bugs and one for a bug that still exists than
to have neither of them.

If you have an example where time was wasted as a result of the
availability of the older versions in the bug tracker, I may reconsider.

> > "None" is hardcoded, "All versions" is not.  I think "all version" is a
> > valid value in some cases.
>
> Yes, but only if you keep all the other versions as valid options. If
> we'd drop anything but latest stable and CVS there's not much use
> leaving "all versions" around.

I generally assume the bug reporters to be intelligent persons who can
make there own judgment how to file a bug.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin