Re: Bugzilla submits only against >= 4.6.1

Hello Pavel,

On Mon, 2006-06-19 at 17:49 -0400, Pavel Roskin wrote:
> Some bugs can be more long-lived than you may think.  I believe the
> quality of the bug report should be judged not only by the version.
> Bugs against old versions should be discouraged, but not outright
> forbidden.
>
> Besides, there is only one bug filed for "older than 4.5.55".

I didn't mean old bugs should be removed from the bug list. I just feel
it doesn't make much sense for people to file new bugs against anything
older than 4.6.1.

There is no added value to let people add bugs against older versions.
If the issue no longer exists it's just wasted time, and if it does
still exist the reporter should make the effort to verify the issue
indeed still exists in 4.6.1 or later.

> "None" is hardcoded, "All versions" is not.  I think "all version" is a
> valid value in some cases.

Yes, but only if you keep all the other versions as valid options. If
we'd drop anything but latest stable and CVS there's not much use
leaving "all versions" around.

Leonard.