Re: glibc and getgrouplist

On Fri, Jul 22, 2005 at 03:24:37PM +0200, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 15:00, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
> > Roland's patch looks good and it is pretty straight-forward. I vote
> > for its inclusion in PRE.
>
> And totally untested.

bah. there is no need to test a patch that can be mathematically proven
to be correct (which is possible only for very small programs, usually).
of course nobody will do a formal prove, and there is murphy's law, so a
simple test is needed anyway - but i suppose roland did this, right?
and if it breaks on system x for yet another lib y breakage ... who
cares? i share jakub's opinion. i'd be opposed to this patch in general
if it was not for the plainly incorrect semantics of the old code.