Re: glibc and getgrouplist

Hi Pavel,

On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 09:14, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
> Well, certain users may have patched 2.3.2 or 2.2.5 with a fixed
> getgrouplist(). What you suggest would not allow them to use it .

Whether or not getgrouplist() is used is currently a compile time
option, which I think is fine. Working around external bugs at runtime
is really too much. Also I don't think it hurts very much to exclude a
few systems (for 4.6.1, not HEAD) that are capable of using
getgrouplist() but forgot to patch the version string. A configure flag
to force the use of getgrouplist() might be an option, but not really
necessary at this point.

I don't want to introduce some last minute breakage by using untested
patches. Let's go with a simple hack (or just a release note) for PRE
and fix this properly for HEAD.

Leonard.