Re: glibc and getgrouplist

Hello,

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005, Roland Illig wrote:

> Pavel Tsekov wrote:
> > On Thu, 21 Jul 2005, Roland Illig wrote:
> >>What about this?
> >>
> >>#ifndef HAVE_GNU_GET_LIBC_VERSION
> >>#  define may_use_getgrouplist() (TRUE)
> >>#else
> >>#  include <gnu/libc-version.h>
> >>#  define may_use_getgrouplist() \
> >>         (strcmp(gnu_get_libc_version(), "2.3.3") > 0)
> >>#endif
> >

> > Well, this was already discussed. It is not good enough. Let's do this the
> > right way. Addin a new option to mc.lib is not really a big deal. I think
> > we can add the new option  without adding a gui element to support it for
> > now.
>
> Why not? Note the ">" comparison. Since 2.3.3, this should be definitely
> fixed.

Well, certain users may have patched 2.3.2 or 2.2.5 with a fixed
getgrouplist(). What you suggest would not allow them to use it . What
Andrew suggested is better, IMO.

I think it would be usefull to add a new section in mc.lib which will
contains entries for workarounds for certain bugs in the libraries that MC
uses.