Re: glibc and getgrouplist
- From: Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov gmx net>
- To: Leonard den Ottolander <leonard den ottolander nl>
- Cc: MC Devel <mc-devel gnome org>
- Subject: Re: glibc and getgrouplist
- Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 16:00:11 +0300
On Fri, 22 Jul 2005, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:
> Hi Pavel,
> On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 14:45, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
> > Well, Roland suggested a much better fix.
> > http://mail.gnome.org/archives/mc-devel/2005-July/msg00282.html
> Yes, I read that and that is probably the way to go for HEAD, but I
> don't want that to go into PRE at this time. *Please* let's not
> introduce untested code in PRE one day before the release!
> For PRE I would really just like to see a patch for configure that tests
> for glibc < 2.3.3 to disable the use of getgrouplist() and is
> overrideable by the user that knows his system is capable by passing
> --with-getgrouplist to configure.
Roland's patch looks good and it is pretty straight-forward. I vote for
its inclusion in PRE.
] [Thread Prev