Re: mc editor small changes III - unified diff

On Sun, 2005-08-14 at 15:01, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 14, 2005 at 02:03:25PM +0200, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:
> > > i think it should be part of the syntax definition, which would be
> > > extended from highlighting only.
> >
> > This is not about highlighting, the highlighting is a side effect of
> > the "jump to matching bracket" option.
> >
> > This code in no way interferes with the syntax highlighting.
> >
> wow, _that_ was new to me ... haha.

? Not sure what to make of this (cynicism or a genuine remark). I ment
they use different code paths (afaict).

> and now re-read the sentence you
> quoted yourself and think about it.

Well, "should be part of the syntax definition" yes. But that's not
currently the case. So I don't see why we couldn't extend the current
functionality (until you've finished the syntax highlighting rewrite ;)
).

> the highlighting hurts - not much, but it is still annoying.

It's already there for the other brackets, and if this would be
configurable you wouldn't have to look at extra highlighted characters.
Maybe we should add a match for NULL strings to disable that code path
so we would make you even more happy.

Leonard.