Re: mc editor small changes III - unified diff

On Sun, Aug 14, 2005 at 02:03:25PM +0200, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:
> > i think it should be part of the syntax definition, which would be
> > extended from highlighting only.
>
> This is not about highlighting, the highlighting is a side effect of
> the "jump to matching bracket" option.
>
> This code in no way interferes with the syntax highlighting.

wow, _that_ was new to me ... haha. and now re-read the sentence you
quoted yourself and think about it.

> I wouldn't see why we can't make these strings configurable for people
> who like to use them.

because it's pretty much useless that way. i can choose to be annoyed in
most cases or to permanently resign from the feature where it would make
sense.

> It's not like it hurts when somebody likes jumping from '<' to
> '>' in a c file, even if this doesn't make any sense syntactically.

the highlighting hurts - not much, but it is still annoying.