Re: mc editor small changes III - unified diff

On Sat, 2005-08-13 at 14:31 +0200, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:
> Hi Jindrich,
>
> On Sat, 2005-08-13 at 11:45, Jindrich Novy wrote:
> > The question is whether highlighting of '<' and '>' is desirable in all
> > cases. Highlighting of such characters doesn't make too much sense when
> > editing C source files for instance.
>
> I figured this patch is about the "Go to matching bracket" command.
>
> The introduction of MOD_MARKEDBRACKET seems totally redundant. The
> highlighting of the matching bracket currently uses MOD_BOLD which is
> fine.

It seems like Frantisek wanted to introduce a different color for
highlighting of all "[(<>)]" brackets, what adds the magenta background
to the highlighted one. This looks like the purpose for the
MOD_MARKEDBRACKET. Personally I like it more than the usual highlighting
style we have, but it could be achieved by MOD_BOLD redefinition.

> Also the jump to the matching '<' or '>' is only slightly useful as
> afaict these are only used in unnested ways. So all it could be used for
> is jumping to the beginning of end of the current XML/HTML tag.

I can imagine the enhancement can be useful for XML/HTML/PHP, etc. but
maybe it could be a configurable feature if considered to be committed
at all.

> I'd say we need at most the two hunks for edit.c.
Yes, in case of a very minimalistic commit ;)

Jindrich

--
Jindrich Novy <jnovy redhat com>, http://people.redhat.com/jnovy/