Re: Interviews and Gnomers

Dave Neary <dneary gnome org> wrote:
> I asked Alex whether he'd be prepared to be an author on GNOME News, so
> these are being submitted for publication on gnome.org/news - do you not
> think that's a good idea? I thought we were actively looking for authors for
> original material for the news site.

Ah, sorry - I hadn't quite realised. The reason I didn't suggest that
was simply that we haven't carried that kind of content on gnome.org
in the past. Carrying more news on the main gnome.org site could make
a lot of sense though, and it's actually something I've been
interested in doing for a while.

If we were to carry more in-depth news content on gnome.org, the site
might need some work (posts aren't shown as being provided by
individual authors right now, for example; also there's no comments
system, and it doesn't particularly look like a news site). More
importantly, we don't have an editorial system, either to ensure
quality or to schedule and organise new posts.

All of this could be corrected, of course, and this could be a good
opportunity to think about what direction we want to take. I can
potentially help a little, but I don't have much time for marketing
work at the moment.

Allan
--
IRC:  aday on irc.gnome.org