Re: OSCON

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 12:57 AM, Allan Day <allanpday gmail com> wrote:

In terms of getting people involved, it might be interesting to do
something about the new applications. Some new designs are in the
works, but there are others that need developers to step up. You could
do something along the lines of 'Help us to make the next generation
of GNOME applications', possibly.

I'm very interested in the new epiphany designs.  I think showing that and the full screen features would be an interesting demo of how to cruise the web.  I'd love to see something working.

I think that getting people to sign up to Friends of GNOME would be a
great idea. You could have special badges/t-shirts that they could
wear at the conference if they do. Let's not forget the a11y campaign
that is happening, either.

My earlier suggestion was to have a11y devices that we can take advantage of and give a demo of how well it works for them.  Show them the value of a11y and then see if they could donate a couple of bits for the cause.

sri