Re: OSCON

On Fri, 2012-01-27 at 18:00 -0800, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
> Is it worth registering a booth at OSCON?  I guess, if we have
> applications to show then perhaps it might be better.  We could also
> try to get donations for a11y as well.  Anyways, let me know what
> people think.
>
> I'd like to to have a meeting on how to deal wtih conferences.. what
> conferences we should be going to etc.
>
> sri

I'll be going to OSCON this year on behalf of openSUSE.   The procedure
has changed this year for getting an OSCON booth (which the procedures
have always sucked.)  In the past it was first-come, first-served for
dotorgs to get a free both.  This year, they will open up an application
process in March and then consider which ones qualify for a free both.

No word on what the criteria will be.

OSCON has promised they will contact me as soon as the application
process is opened. I'll be sure to let the GNOME team here know when
that happens so you guys can figure out a booth.

We could also consider doing shared booths in order to increase dotOrg
presence at these events.   Worth thinking about.

Bryen