Re: GNOME FOSDEM Stand

On Wed, February 8, 2012 4:52 pm, Allan Day wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 9:26 AM, Tobias Mueller <muelli cryptobitch de>
> wrote:
>> Hey folks :)
>>
>> On 06.02.2012 16:05, Allan Day wrote:
>>> Do we know if there is room in the box for those things?
>> We do. And it doesn't. At all. There has barely been enough space to fit
>> the nice nametags we had. That's for the v2 box (which should be called
>> v3 because of GNOME3 anyway ;-) ) but the v1 box didn't have significant
>> space left as I've last seen it in May.
>>
>> Your suggestions are very good though. We should try to figure out how
>> to get things like more merchandise or roll up displays around the
>> world.
>> Some suggestions that need evaluation:
>>
>> Simply have another box with the additional stuff.
>> But we'd need to find out:
>>        How much does such a box cost?
>>        Much much does shipping cost?
>>        And well, then we need an educated guess whether these costs
>>        are worth the expected promotional effect.
>
> If we want a better stand, we need more stuff for the stand, and that
> means we need more transport capacity. That means either another box
> or a bigger box. :)
>
> Is someone able to find out how much another box would cost to buy and
> transport? Do we know how many times a year the events box is used?

Is it practical to have two boxes per event? I thought it was already
something of a pain to store and transport the one? (though I'm of course
very excited by the idea of a better stand!)

I guess if we were able to, we could do it as a primary and secondary box
where we could use the secondary box if we had volunteers/resources to
move and use two? Is that what you were thinking?

karen