Re: GNOME FOSDEM Stand

Hey folks :)

On 06.02.2012 16:05, Allan Day wrote:
> Do we know if there is room in the box for those things?
We do. And it doesn't. At all. There has barely been enough space to fit
the nice nametags we had. That's for the v2 box (which should be called
v3 because of GNOME3 anyway ;-) ) but the v1 box didn't have significant
space left as I've last seen it in May.

Your suggestions are very good though. We should try to figure out how
to get things like more merchandise or roll up displays around the world.
Some suggestions that need evaluation:

Simply have another box with the additional stuff.
But we'd need to find out:
	How much does such a box cost?
	Much much does shipping cost?
	And well, then we need an educated guess whether these costs
	are worth the expected promotional effect.

Somehow attach more things to the existing box, i.e. with duct tape
(which is currently not present in the box ;-) ).
	Does it make sense at all to have such a construction shipped?
	Is there a container that is attachable to the box?

Distribute more, i.e. make more people have more stuff.
	Well, I guess it costs a lot of money to distribute everything
	multiple times so that shipping will never be necessary. But
	then again, that's just a feeling and I haven't checked it.

> Who has the box at the moment?
Me. I wanted to bring it to CeBIT. But so far we lack people to stand at
the booth. So it's probably not going to happen :-/

Cheers,
  Tobi