Re: push back on negative articles

Negative articles? Are you kidding?

Because I mention what many people in the community are saying? What some GNOME developers are saying?

If I didn't care what was happening in the free software community, I wouldn't have written the article in the first place. I would be doing a poor job as a journalist, and doing nothing for the community if I only reported on the happy things and ignored the problems.

That said, if anyone cares to engage in a responsible conversation about GNOME's current state and how the project is being received, you're welcome to get in touch. I can't guarantee publication of the result -- that is ultimately up to my editors -- but I would certainly be interested in writing an article that accurately reflects opposing views. I don't have to agree with a position to think that it's worth letting other people hear.

--

Bruce Byfield 604-421-7189 (on Pacific time)

blog: https://brucebyfield.wordpress.com

website: http://members.axion.net/~bbyfield/