Re: Pre-release marketing and community management [Was: getting www.gnome3.org]

Hi,

Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
> Yes, if you're defining "developers" as maintainers of core modules.
> Unfortunately, people will go into deskop-devel because there is no
> community mailing list that they can go to.  So they will participate in
> the forum that they believe has the audience they seek.  Unless you
> close DDL of course.

It is not the job of the mailing lists to provide an expert audience to
non-experts who want to complain to them.

If we need to moderate d-d-l to reclaim it for Real Work, then so be it.

> How about creating a forum or something and keep such people out of the
> regular mailing lists instead?

http://www.gnomesupport.org could use more visibility & some official
community buy-in. A more active "Development" forum would be useful.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary