Re: getting a domain of srilanaka.gnome.org

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 06:27:58PM +0530, Danishka Navin wrote:
> This is not just for the Gnome 3 release but for Gnome Community Building
> and Marketing.

What functionality do you expect on such a subdomain?
 - Basic HTML only, use VIM to edit anything
 - http access to make HTML pages + simple images (Wordpress)
 - *anything* other than above?

E.g. stuff not included:
 * Sending emails
 * Keeping track of peop
 * Any kind of calendering functionality

> As you all know l10n dashboard is ok for l10n but not for other Gnome fans
> from my community.
> We can post about upcoming and completed events as well as Gnome specific
> information in our own language.
>
> This is kind of long term plan, yes we can use external resources such as
> blogspot or WP but its not good for Gnome branding.

I don't get it. I asked if basic HTML is enough, it was. Then wordpress
is fine too.. now you say blogspot / WP is not good enough?

Maybe explain it in another way:
I can make a search.gnome.org subdomain and point it towards the same
machine as www.google.com. All the technical bits are handled by google.
Only thing GNOME does is the name.

Just having a 'search.gnome.org' means nothing. So we need to know what
functionality it has to provide.

I'd rather have a basic Git repository at this point as it is easy to
setup and quicker to see that it might not be what is wanted/needed.

--
Regards,
Olav