Re: getting a domain of srilanaka.gnome.org

Dear Olav,

behalf of snavin(our Gnome community member in srilanka) is already using git so i am totally agreed with Danishka Navin suggestion for the onward moving step to get srilanka.gnome.org.in order to have Git we can not do much things so we prefer to have sub domain under Gnome.

thanks in advance.

Regards,
Suresh

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 1:13 PM, Olav Vitters <olav vitters nl> wrote:
On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 10:41:44PM +0530, Suresh Packiyarajah wrote:
> In-order to connect our(lk) GNOME user to rest of world i am willing
> to requested domain of srilanka.gnome.org or lk.gnome.org.
>
> may i know what are there requirements need for this.i hope before
> going to do Events in srilanka can i get this facilities because i can
> put reports and events news and as well photos!

We provide lk.gnome.org (language code then .gnome.org). That's called a
subdomain.

I don't get your request though. What do you what in detail?

You're talking about events in Srilanka? So you want website hosting?

If so: I can setup a Git module which can have plain HTML in it and you
can commit stuff to git and have the website auto-update.

If you assume we'd provide something, please explain in detail.
--
Regards,
Olav