Re: Reboot: Strategic goals for GNOME

    > It is not a matter of ostracizing anyone.  We are glad that they use
    > GNOME, but we must not say we are entirely happy about them as long as
    > they contain non-free programs.

    But we are closely associated with these organizations. (Your original email
    said we should make sure we are not closely associated with them.)

You're right about that, so I should clarify what I said.

Accepting support and contributions of code from those companies is
fine.  Working closely with them on development of free software is
good when it advances GNOME in general.

What's a problem is if we are seen as endorsing non-free products.
Thus, we should not express pride in these companies (in a general
sense).

Developing proprietary software is not just a foible -- it is the
problem which GNOME exists to help solve.  Yes, we can work with
companies that distribute proprietary software, but we must avoid
giving the impression we don't think that is bad.