Re: New donators roles

Em 03/06/10 09:44, Bharat Kapoor escreveu:
> Diego
>
> You bring up a very good point - from my perspective if distros want to
> use this tool for campaign contributions that is fine too and maybe be
> better as well as a single channel for fund raising for (all parties
> involved). This opens a challenge for us to develop a decent set of
> guidelines on how Gnome and Distros work on soliciting donations - so
> that we (Gnome & Distros) dont look like spammers :)
>
> Any one from Distro side on this thread - can you comment?

I liked the "mosaic idea" fro Friends of Gnome. It will be a good
improvement to the website, as also to better "humanize" Gnome.
E.g. We go to a conference in Brazil. We can make a banner with this
mosaic (the gnome foot made by contributors pictures) with a phrase like
"We are gnome", "your contributions help to make ideas come true" etc...

the About menu is also another great idea. I don't think that
distributions will remove/bypass ours. And if they want to use the same
method, they can have their own menu, "About gnome" and "About
<your-distro>".

I think that the business model proposed by Wendell to use donors by
life-cycle is interesting, although have the possibility to push data
into it will be nice. What about a widget to inform about gnome events?
The widget can show information about the event, as also sponsorship
information. Just a tought...

:)

--
Eder L. Marques