Re: Communication Plan Matrix

On Wed, 2010-02-10 at 22:15 +0000, Nelson Marques wrote:
> Many apologies for this list, I've attached the wrong file.
>
> Here is the right file and it's also on the reply I made for Diego, the
> file I attached was a dummy sketch of an article I'm working.
>
> Sorry.
>
> nelson
>
> On Wed, 2010-02-10 at 21:14 +0000, Nelson Marques wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> >  Everyone should see the attachment included, despite of your role on
> > this list as it covers everything related to GNOME.
> >  With the upcoming GNOME 3.0 release, this is actually my first real
> > contribution for this list, and I would suggest that we work this out,
> > as this isn't a one man job.
> >
> >  In attachment there's a normal marketing driven communication plan
> > matrix. I've added some personal notes, so basically what we need to do
> > is to fill it accordingly so it can be used as a tool to promote GNOME
> > in a uniform way through all the GNOME related communcation channels.
> >
> >  Everything should be fore casted here, I do understand that we don't
> > have much statistical data to support, this is one of the reasons why
> > I've been battling to get a normal survey platform we can use.
> >
> >  I would appreciate that everyone on this list would comment and would
> > be involved, because despite this is a normal communication plan used by
> > most organizations (specially commercial/proprietary ones), it's the
> > very basics for a successful marketing campaign.
> >
> >   My question is, should we start preparing ourselfvs for a GNOME 3.0
> > marketing oriented release ?
> >
> >   Everyone from developers, to juridical people, marketing, artists, etc
> > have one point or another that can contribute to perform this task.
> >
> >   People running this list, I can't accomplish such thing by myself, now
> > it should be time where we start our wicked plan for Desktop domination.
> >
> >   Sorry for the wall of text.
> >
> >   Nelson
> >
> >  PS: This goes as a PDF with a format I've made, I don't know GNOME's
> > position about this, this is just to serve as a Matrix, so if there are
> > standards from GNOME related to formating and so on, please point me in
> > the right way so I can start working on it and submit a workable
> > version. Since this includes everyone, I feel the need to push a bit
> > forth the documentation sharing system being discussed in the parallel
> > on this list.

Hi Nelson,

Thanks for putting this together.

I'd also recommend you look through some of the Marketing Wiki pages[1].
I also started something similar last year with a Marketing Brief that
covers some similar topics.[2]  Additionally, we've been brainstorming
possible marketing campaigns for GNOME 3.0[3], and at our recent
hackfest this past September we landed on a theme, and I have a to-do
from our meeting last month to work with the hackfest team and get it
documented on the wiki (which I'm behind on).

We're having a team meeting this Saturday at 16:00 UTC as well.

Thanks.

Paul

[1] http://live.gnome.org/GnomeMarketing
[2] http://live.gnome.org/MarketingBrief2009