Re: GNOME -> Gnome

I would prefer Gnome to GNOME but not enough to push for it now.

Perhaps we could come up with new words for the acronym. You'd be surprised how often I get asked what it stands for.

GNOME

So it was:
GNU Network Object Model Environment

What could it be? (I personally can't think of anything at the moment but perhaps I didn't get enough sleep to deal with these types of challenges right now. :)

Stormy

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 9:14 AM, Jason D. Clinton <me jasonclinton com> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 8:21 AM, Sven Herzberg <herzi gnome-de org> wrote:
Am Freitag, den 02.04.2010, 12:19 -0600 schrieb Jason D. Clinton:
> If we're going to do this, 3.0 seems like the perfect opportunity. I
> think that we should decide how we feel as the Marketing Team leading
> up to the Zaragoza, Spain hackfest and try and come to a final
> decision by then.

I don't think that these kinds of decisions belong into a group
as small as the list of attendees of a hackfest.

You're right that it doesn't belong to a group that small; that is why I brought it up on the marketing-list where it belongs. But obviously there isn't any unanimity about it and we have enough on our respective plates already so I withdrawal the proposal.