Re: GNOME -> Gnome

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 02.04.2010, 12:19 -0600 schrieb Jason D. Clinton:
> If we're going to do this, 3.0 seems like the perfect opportunity. I
> think that we should decide how we feel as the Marketing Team leading
> up to the Zaragoza, Spain hackfest and try and come to a final
> decision by then.

IIRC, there has been a vote at a GUADEC (back when it was more of a
developers conference than a users conference) about how to pronounce
GNOME.  I don't think that these kinds of decisions belong into a group
as small as the list of attendees of a hackfest.

This should either go to d-d-l or foundation-list, and IMHO the
foundation should take a look at whether most of the people really like
to see a change in the typing.

I also think, GNOME 3 is a bad time to reconsider these kinds of things.
The development of GNOME branding has happened after GNOME 2.0.0.  I
don't see why a change like "GNOME" => "Gnome" needs to be rushed in…

Regards,
 Sven