Re: GNOME 3.0 Marketing Brainstorming #1 - Audiences

Good evening,

I'd like some feedback on the Market Segmentaiton page on lgo:  http://live.gnome.org/GnomeMarketing/MarketSegmentation.

This page was put together at the end of 2005 but I personally think the information is over 80% accurate.

I'd especially like feedback on the 3 types of users (beginner, advanced and expert) and the comments on advanced:

By (computer) experience

End users can be segmented by experience levels:

  1. The beginner and infrequent user,
  2. the advanced and frequent user, and
  3. the experienced user.
According to a post in the Ubuntu forums, Ubuntu as a platform is currently suitable for beginner and experienced users only, not for advanced users. This may also be said about Linux and GNOME.

I'd like to revisit the idea of the "advanced" user - with the move to web applications over the last few years, would you agree with the statement that GNOME is not suitable for advanced users?

Paul