Re: Marketing, GNOME 3.0 and subteams

Shaun,

you're arguing against a straw man. Nobody said, it's an either/or scenario. Nobody said we should drop communicating what GNOME's about completely. Nobody said anybody should drop his or her values. It's only in your head.

However, in my simple opinion with over 10 years in marketing-related jobs and studies, people simply don't care what your core values are.

Microsoft's core value is to make a profit because they're a cooperation. Do they communicate that? No. Why? Because most people don't care when buying the stuff they need. They are just interested what profit they're going to make.

Best regards,
Claus