Re: Press release for 2.20?

On Thu, 2007-09-06 at 23:58 +0200, Andreas Nilsson wrote:
> Elijah Newren wrote:
> > On 9/4/07, Dave Neary <bolsh gnome org> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,

> >> It's a nit, feel free to slap me...
> >>
> >> 2.0, 2.2, 2.4, ..., 2.20 = 11 releases in 5 years. 2.0 came out in June
> >> 2002.
> >>

> > Slap!  Now, it's your turn to slap me as I be even nittier...There
> > have only been 10 GNOME 2.x releases in the last five years, as 2.0
> > came out before September 4, 2002.
> >
> > :-)
> >
> So we're going for this?

Probably not unless we want everyone to discuss our numerical error
instead of talking about how wonderful we are.

> I think I need to start drawing a splash screen for the w.g.o frontpage,
> so it would be nice to have a agreement on this.
> The ten-theme is nice, ten years of freedom, ten releases in five years!
> Something cool could be written about our steady release schedule, that
> other successful project have then copied from us and stuff like that,
> always nice to brag about... :)

We've been saying it for years, and we are now famous for it. I don't
see much need to keep going on about it.

Something more general and user-centric is probably appropriate.

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com