Re: GNOME 2.20 release notes

On Fri, 2007-08-17 at 15:36 -0500, Shaun McCance wrote:
> I'm attaching the XSLT I used.  All you have to do is:
>
> xsltproc --xinclude -o index.html db2html.xsl release-notes.xml
>
> (Add paths as necessary, of course.)  I'm not sure what the
> http_root and http_prefix parameters were for before.  Maybe
> for making and testing local builds?  Anyway, you'd have to
> add those back in if needed.
>
> The xsl:import line should probably not be hard-coded.  If
> you look at Yelp, you'll find the configure.in has a call
> to pkg-config to find the XSLT file.  It then AC_SUBSTs
> this and AC_OUTPUTs its db2html.xsl from a db2html.xsl.in
> file.  We could do something similar.
>
> It also seems we'll need to set the path to the admonition
> graphics.
>
> We can do basically any style or content tweaks that are
> necessary.  This is using the latest g-d-u, which is code
> that I'm intimately familiar with.  (Caveat: the build
> machine needs a recent g-d-u for this.)

This is now used in the gnomeweb-wml build system. Many thanks.
This is what it looks like, and this is what I plan to use for the
actual 2.20 release notes style:
http://www.gnome.org/start/2.20/notes/en/

Again, the actual text and image content is from the 2.14 release notes.
I'm working on that now:
http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointNineteen/ReleaseNotes/Draft

--
murrayc murrayc com